VZ Changing Short Term Disability Vendor
On January 1, 2018, Verizon will be changing from MetLife to Sedgewick for the administration of all short-term disability claims.
Here’s what will happen:
For current and new claims filed through December 31, 2017:
- Continue to work with MetLife
- Claims will automatically be transferred to Sedgewick
- If you have an open claim, Sedgewick will send you a letter in December confirming the transfer of your claim and outlining any additional actions you might need to take.
For claims beginning January 1, 2017:
- Initiate disability claims with Sedgewick
- Use the existing phone number to file a claim 800-638-4228
- Use the new fax number for supporting disability documents 859-264-4384
- Information about Sedgwick will be posted on the About You section of the Eweb
- Requirements for initiating disability claims remain the same
We will provide more information as it becomes available, and will add the Sedwick paperwork to our website before January 1st.