IBEW 2222 SCHOLARSHIPS
It’s scholarship application time for Local 2222 members with high school seniors.
IBEW 2222 has 2 scholarships available to children of our members who are high school seniors. These scholarships are awarded through the Massachusetts AFL-CIO.
Scholarship applicants will be required to take a Labor History Exam. The exam will be administered at High Schools across Massachusetts on February 10, 2020.
Key Dates for 2020
- Online applications are open! Click here to apply. Once a student registers they must inform their high school guidance office that they intend to take the exam.
- December 1, 2019: Scholarship study guide and interactive website will be available from this page.
- December 20, 2019: Last day to apply. All applications must be received by 5pm to be eligible to take the scholarship exam.
- February 10, 2020: Scholarship exam is administered at high schools across Massachusetts.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship, students must take the Labor History Exam. The Massachusetts AFL-CIO publishes a Labor History Study Guide, which covers a broad range of the history of working people organizing for justice in the United States. New for 2020, an interactive study website will be available, featuring supplemental materials and quizzes to test your knowledge.
To qualify for an award the following steps need to be taken:
- Register online no later than 5 pm on December 20th.
- Notify Donna Berry at IBEW 2222 by calling 617-929-6010
- Notify your school guidance counselor that you will be taking the exam on February 10, 2020.
If you have any questions or need further information please contact Donna Berry at 617-929-6010.