January Meeting Date Changed
Please note, due to the New Years Day holiday falling on the 1st Wednesday of the month, our Regular Monthly Union Meeting has been rescheduled to
Thursday, January 2, 2020 at 6:00 PM,
Boston Teacher’s Union Hall, Dorchester.
Monthly Morning Informational Meeting Location Change
Please note, starting January 2, 2020, the monthly Morning Informational Meeting will be held at the
The Boston Teacher’s Union Hall
180 Mt. Vernon Street, Dorchester, MA 02125
The meeting will begin at 8:30 AM
The offices of IBEW Local 2222 have moved. Our new address is 159 Thomas Burgin Parkway, 3rd floor, Quincy, MA 02169.
Our phone numbers and fax number remain the same.
It’s scholarship application time for Local 2222 members with high school seniors.
IBEW 2222 has 2 scholarships available to children of our members who are high school seniors. These scholarships are awarded through the Massachusetts AFL-CIO.
Scholarship applicants will be required to take a Labor History Exam. The exam will be administered at High Schools across Massachusetts on February 10, 2020.
Key Dates for 2020
- Online applications are open! Click here to apply. Once a student registers they must inform their high school guidance office that they intend to take the exam.
- December 1, 2019: Scholarship study guide and interactive website will be available from this page.
- December 20, 2019: Last day to apply. All applications must be received by 5pm to be eligible to take the scholarship exam.
- February 10, 2020: Scholarship exam is administered at high schools across Massachusetts.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship, students must take the Labor History Exam. The Massachusetts AFL-CIO publishes a Labor History Study Guide, which covers a broad range of the history of working people organizing for justice in the United States. New for 2020, an interactive study website will be available, featuring supplemental materials and quizzes to test your knowledge.
To qualify for an award the following steps need to be taken:
- Register online no later than 5 pm on December 20th.
- Notify Donna Berry at IBEW 2222 by calling 617-929-6010
- Notify your school guidance counselor that you will be taking the exam on February 10, 2020.
If you have any questions or need further information please contact Donna Berry at 617-929-6010.
Open enrollment for 2020 will be held October 8 – 17, 2019
Please take the time to review your health and dental coverage options. Health Care Spending Account, Dependent Day Care Spending Account, and Life Insurance options should also be reviewed. Please also verify your beneficiary information is up to date.
For more information visit the Verizon Benefits Connection website or call 855-489-2367.