2222 Member Needs Our Help
Sandro Bruni, 21, son of IBEW 2222 member & steward Anthony Bruni (SST Braintree Garage), was headed back to his senior year of college at Ohio Wesleyan this past September. Nobody would have predicted that within weeks, this dynamic, healthy wrestler would be diagnosed with cancer and unable to walk. Because of this life-altering health crisis, Sandro and his family need prayers, support, and love.
They’ll also need financial help to get through this unexpected and devastating medical crisis that’s just beginning. Sandro had an aggressive and malignant tumor removed from his upper spinal cord. He now faces months (and potentially years) of treatment, including acute rehabilitation and cancer therapy. (You can read more about Sandro’s story below.)
Sandro’s family needs immediate financial help for expenses not covered by insurance, such as:
- Wheelchair-accessible housing once Sandro is discharged from Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in early December, 2023. (There is hope that Sandro’s legs will regain function, but there is no certainty or timeline).
- Medical and adaptive equipment, and potential modifications to the home.
- Transportation to and from outpatient appointments, including Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, cancer treatments, physical and occupational therapy, and others.
- Personal care assistance beyond what the family can provide.
- Ongoing treatment—including travel and housing costs for Sandro and his family, if he’s lucky enough to become part of a clinical trial in a city far from home.
Sandro is a fighter, and his family is doing everything they can to make sure he can emerge from these challenging circumstances strong and healthy.
Please help if you can. No amount is too small (or too big).